For every expatriate or working employee, having an ID is the most important document when you work in Qatar. Hence, it is important for you to carry your QID with you every time you are conducting any official work.
Your Qatar ID, however, is your proof that proves your identity in Qatar. It contains your name, date of birth, fingerprints, and photo. And it might create a problem for you if you have the wrong date of birth in your QID.
For this reason, the most frequently asked question by Qataris is ‘ow to change your Date of Birth in Qatar ID’. However, changing your date of birth is easier than you could possibly imagine. You just need to follow the right procedures.
Let’s take you through the procedures to change your Qatar ID.
Is it possible to change the date of birth in my Qatar ID?
Yes, it is now possible to change your personal data which includes your name and date of birth. You can do this now without applying for a new Qatar ID or bothering yourself to contact the committee that changes the personal information. The Metrash2 app will help you to change your date of birth as well as your name in your Qatar ID.
With the collaboration of The Ministry of Interior (MOI)’s Information Systems Department, the General Directorate of Passports has launched the Metrash2 app‘s ‘Personal Data Change’ service. This now provides users with the ability to update their personal information online using their phone or laptop.
Since the Metrash2 app is in coordination with MOI’s Information Systems Department, it allows you to change your passport data too.
How can I use the Metrash2 App?
Metrash2 app is the app that now officially allows you to change your personal data. In order to use the Metrash2 app, you will first have to register for it. Any resident living in Qatar, age above 18 can register for the Metrash2 app in his or her cell phone (The mobile phone has to be registered under his or her Qatar ID number.
Required documents to change the date of Birth through the Metrash2 app
The following documents are necessary in order to change the date of birth of your Qatar ID:
- A thoroughly clear copy of both the front and back part of your Qatar ID.
- A clear copy of both the front and back part of your passport.
- A clear copy of your Birth Certificate.
- A copy of your employer’s or resident ID.
- A request letter that has the reason stated for the change.
- One photograph of you.
Procedures to be followed using Metrash2 App to change date of birth in Qatar ID?
After having all the required documents stated above, all you need to do is follow the steps given below to change your date of birth online using the Metrash2 app.
- First open the Metrash2 app and log in providing your details.
- After logging in click on the tab ‘Residency’, there you will find the tab ‘Change Personal Information’ on the following page and click on this tab. Here you can change or update your date of birth.
- For the next step, select the tab ‘Apply Applications ‘ and you will find all the requirements for the application on the following page.
- After that you will have to input your Qatar ID number and stipulate your required service or select change of birth from the application type and complete filling in the details. Then upload all those necessary documents stated previously and click submit.
- Lastly, after completing the registration, you will receive a confirmation message. Here, you will see “Your application has been registered successfully”.
The steps of the process would resemble the image shown below-
[Note: Your request to modify your date of birth can only be addressed if you are currently residing within the territorial confines of the State of Qatar. It is imperative that you comply with this stipulation to maintain the veracity and correctness of the data stated on your official records.]
How can I track the status of my Application follow up?
You can, at any given time, track the status of your application during the time it is being processed. To track your application status, you can use the number given to you after the submission of your application. The approach required for this is elaborated below-
- To track your application status, again login into the Metrash2 app providing your credentials. After that, at the bottom of this page you will find a window named ‘Application Tracking’, select that tab.
- Then input your Qatar ID number. After that, you will be able to see your application’s status and the expected date on which your request will be completed.
After receiving the approval message of the update of your date of birth, you will receive an approved form of newspaper advertisement sent to your email or Metrash2 messages. This will look like the following image:
[Newspaper advertisements of your request will have to be published in State of Qatar’s newspapers and that too in the language according to an individual’s residence permit application.]
Procedures to attach Newspaper advertisement
According to MOI, 14 days after publication, attaching your newspaper advertisement for completing your application process is compulsory for you as an applicant. For this you are required adhere to the following steps:
- Once again log in to Metrash2 app by providing credentials. Then according to your nationality in your QID, choose the language and newspaper.
- Select the application type as ‘Change of Birth’ and then you will have to fill out all the data that are required.
- Next you will have to attach the copy of your advertisement and specify the starting date and click submit.
- After the successful completion of the aforementioned steps, you will get a message of completing the process. The picture below represents the phases of the whole process-
[The notice should be placed in two local Arabic newspapers and one local English newspaper]
You can see how easy it is to change your date of birth in your Qatar ID now that you have completed all the steps in the Metrash2 app. Metrash2 allows you to update your passport data without having to go through several channels. It assists you in obtaining a new passport and a Qatar ID without having to go through multiple channels.
Using this app you can effortlessly update or modify or change your name and date of birth on your Qatar ID from the comfort of your own home.
Nevertheless, make sure your QID is always in your pocket and ready to help you tackle any official tasks that come your way